What We Do
The EAUC is the sustainability champion for UK universities and colleges. We are the one stop shop for stimulating and bringing about sustainability in the sector.
With a Membership of well over 200 Further and Higher Education institutions, we are leading the way in integrating sustainability and environmental management of universities and colleges in the UK.
A key role for us is the information and best practice sharing amongst the wealth of experience and skill within our membership. In addition we identify and deliver sustainability staff development and work with sector funders, governors, suppliers and professional bodies to drive sustainability deeper into all aspects of our universities and colleges.
The EAUC was established by and is run for its Members. We are self-financing and use our funds for the benefit of the membership.
Being a Member of the EAUC gives your institution access to this valuable network and the ability to influence the direction the organisation takes and the kinds of areas, issues and projects we become involved with, both now and in the future.
Networking is essential to us - being part of a group means you can often solve common problems. The EAUC plays a vital role in fostering networking opportunities for our Members. With a community of over 3,500 like-minded individuals who are committed to sharing and learning from each other - why not join them?
If you are a university or college click here to join now
If you are a sector supplier click here to join now
Our brochure is available to download below.
EAUC in a nutshell:
- Our role, as a member-led Association, is to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our Members as sustainable development becomes a mainstream strategic, operational and curriculum issue for the Further and Higher Education sector
- We work closely in partnership with strategic partners, as well as with National and Local Government, Funding Councils and Regulators. We play a prominent role in the development of policy and strategy within the sector
- We provide training, advice and support to our Members as well as providing a forum for best practice in the sector
- We are involved in a wide variety of projects - click here for our current projects.
- We run a Professional Development Programme - click here for our current events.
- We run the biggest sustainability conference for the sector - click here for details of our Annual Conference.
- We administer the Green Gown Awards - click here for further information
By being part of the EAUC, your institution is showing that it is taking sustainability and the future of your students seriously. We represent universities and colleges across the UK – shaping the future legislation and the sector.
Click here to learn about all the campaigns the EAUC is involved in or that it supports on behalf of Members.
We strive to be as sustainable as possible throughout our work. We use recycled paper for all our publications and office work. We recycle all paper, cardboard, plastics and glass in the office. We strive to run our events as sustainably as possible by: Promoting the use of public transport and Car Share; Using Fairtrade and locally sourced refreshments where available; Use of non-disposable cutlery and crockery; Using recycled and double sided paper for delegate packs; Use of email for marketing and confirming speakers and delegates to minimise paper; Recycling delegate badges & unwanted delegate packs. We encourage our speakers to minimise the use of handouts and presentations will be available on our website after the event.
We also try to use local companies where possible.
We are a member of the Higher Education Estates Association Forum (HEEAF).
|EAUC Prospectus (796Kb) #3790|