Lucideon (formerly CICS) is a leading provider of sustainability assurance and management systems certification and training. With offices in the UK and the US, our experienced auditors work with clients around the globe. With over £7 billion of CO2e verified to date, Lucideon has extensive experience in the sustainability arena, particularly in the tertiary education sector.
At Lucideon, we are passionate about resource efficiency and reducing our impact on the environment. Our policy is to conform to current applicable environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements to which we subscribe in a responsible manner, as well as to establish processes to identify and effectively implement continual improvement in our environmental performance.
We undertake to: minimise the impact of our activities, prevent pollution and, wherever practicable through our activities, enhance the environment and be socially aware and to integrate environmental considerations into our business operations and planning.
What does Lucideon provide?
Independent verification of:
• Carbon footprints
• Sustainability/environmental/corporate responsibility reports
• Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme evidence pack
• EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS)
• Mandatory Carbon Reporting (MCR) data
• Carbon Disclosure Product (CPD data)
• Water footprints
• Energy management systems to ISO 50001
• Environmental management systems to ISO 14001
• Quality management systems to ISO 9001
• Health and safety management systems to OHSAS 18001.
• Internal Auditor
• Introduction to Energy Management Systems and ISO 50001
• Implementing an Energy Management System for ISO 50001
• Implementing an Environmental Management System for ISO 14001
• Implementing a Health & Safety Management System for OHSAS 18001
Why have independent verification?
Having your data independently verified helps to ensure that it is accurate and valid - providing the basis for continuous improvement.
Third-party assurance also signals to your stakeholders that you are committed to reducing your impact on the environment and, in so doing, you enhance your reputation and credibility. You become seen as a ‘green’ education provider – something which will make your establishment stand out to prospective students.
Why certify to international standards?
Certification to standards such as ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 can help you to boost your ranking on leagues, such as The People & Planet Green League 2012. Points are awarded to universities who have certification from an external body, in recognition of the rigour and accuracy of external auditing.
Having externally certified management systems in place not only helps you to improve your brand and reputation, it also helps you to focus on continual improvement - which often brings about cost savings and improved performance and efficiency.
Why choose Lucideon?
• We pride ourselves on great customer service - our team is flexible, friendly and provides a quick, efficient and on-time service.
• All verifiers are highly qualified industry experts (not just cross trained quality and environmental auditors)
• We have perfected a remote working model which minimises site visits time and their associated carbon footprint.
• We offer integrated assurance services – addressing all of your quality, environmental, health and safety and carbon emission needs.
• We provide assurance to internationally recognised standards.
In 2010 Lucideon became the only Verification Body to receive accreditation from UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) to perform independent verification of voluntary carbon footprints assessed against international standards such as ISO14064-1. This enables Lucideon clients to have their footprints publicly endorsed by UKAS – a major advantage in terms of credibility and transparency – by using our mark.
Promote your green credentials
If you have your carbon, water or waste, your product carbon footprint or your sustainability report verified by us to a recognised standard or scheme, you are eligible to use the corresponding Lucideon Verified Assurance Mark – on your website, sales collateral and any marketing literature you produce.
To be the leading worldwide assurance provider, delivering confidence and inspiring clients through expertise, knowledge and insight.
> View Lucideon Certifies National University Ireland Galway’s Energy Management System to ISO 50001 Case Study
> View Lucideon’s Quick Guide to ISO 50001: The New Energy Management System Standard (Including Video)
> View Lucideon’s Case Study on Certifying Keele University’s EnMS to ISO 50001 here
Main Contact Name: Juliet James
Main Contact Email & Telephone: firstname.lastname@example.org and 01782 411008
Further information/website: www.lucideon.com/assurance
Share with us: www.twitter.com/_Lucideon
For more information visit www.lucideon.com/assurance or visit them in the Green Directory
Lucideon is a Gold EAUC Company Member.