d+b facades UK
d+b facades UK Ltd is the UK’s leading design and build overcladding specialist in the tertiary education market sector with an outstanding track record of delivering quality projects on time, within budget and with minimal disruption whilst buildings remain fully occupied.
Experienced in most overcladding systems, their proprietary aluminium rainscreen is proven for more than 20 years.
d+b facades UK Ltd is a Gold EAUC Company Member. View them in the Green Directory.
Transforming the Estate
Estates departments are under ever-increasing pressures to maintain, develop and improve their buildings in order to enhance their institution’s brand, meet carbon reduction obligations, improve the student experience and reduce operational costs. All this at a time of reduced capital funding and increased competition.
Overcladding is the most economic and environmentally-sound way to sustainably transform the educational estate, creating desirable buildings with contemporary appearance and environmental performance to match.
The d+b facades overcladding system is economically, environmentally and socially sustainable:
• Refurbishment dramatically transforms the building’s appearance making it indistinguishable from a new-build and enhancing the institution’s brand
• Capital expenditure is much lower than the cost of an equivalent new-build
• The existing building’s life is extended by 60 years - the life expectancy of their aluminium rainscreen
• Heating energy consumption is proven to be reduced by up to 70% with a corresponding reduction in operational carbon emissions
• Maintenance is eliminated
• Embodied carbon of the building is preserved
• Their aluminium rainscreen uses predominantly recycled materials which are themselves 95% recyclable at the end of their useful life
Design and Build
Design and build of overcladding solutions for occupied buildings is a complex, specialist activity. There are many inter-related considerations which must be resolved at the outset if an external refurbishment project is to achieve all its performance goals, consequently early appointment of the specialist is highly recommended.
d+b facades has an unrivalled, proven track record in designing and delivering total building envelope solutions having worked on a wide variety of projects within the tertiary education estate for clients including Imperial College London, The University of Glasgow, Blackpool & The Fylde College, Hopwood Hall College, Cornwall College, Liverpool John Moores University, The University of Bradford and many others. Case studies may be viewed at www.dbfacades.com and also on the EAUC website.
They actively encourage potential clients to visit both past-projects and those presently under construction to talk directly with client-side teams.
d+b facades provide a turn-key package of integrated professional services taking single point responsibility for the entire project from design through to completion. In this way they are able to provide a 20 year warranty that includes:
• The integrity of the existing building fabric
• The existing building’s ability to withstand the imposed load
• The new building envelope
Main Contact Name: Cliff Woodhouse, Pre-Contract Development Director
Main Contact Email: email@example.com
Main Contact Telephone: 01980 654230 M: 07894 256471
Further information/website: http://www.dbfacades.com/d+b_educational.html