You must be a member to access this resource.
There have been many posts on the Members’ network about recycling paper cups
David Brugman, Environmental Services Manager, Oxford Brookes University started a discussion about plastic-lined paper cups back in August 2016 by asking,
“At Oxford Brookes, we are having a discussion about using the following paper cup recycling service.
As you may know, most "paper" coffee cups are not able to be recycled
Our catering service would like to use the Simply Cup service, which claims to be able to recycle current plastic-lined paper cups. However, I think the better solution is to find a cup that works with existing recycling service to avoid yet another special bin to manage on campus.
Efforts to increase the use of re-usable cups has had limited impact so it seems that we need to address the current issue of most paper cups being thrown away.
How are others addressing this issue?”
EAUC Member Responses
Members can download the responses.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.