You must be a member to access this resource.
Patrick Flavin, Carbon and Energy Reduction Officer, University of Huddersfield, emailed the Energy and Water Community of Practice to ask,
“We’re reconfiguring how we manage car parking on campus and are in the process of moving (and reducing) the amount of spaces to new sites off site. As part of the planning conditions the council are requiring car charging points in the new car parks, but those locations don’t suit us.
I’m looking to put some on campus but in order to decide the best course of action and location I could do with a bit of feedback from those who have already installed them or are in the process/
- How many locations have you put them in?
- Did you pay for them or did you join a scheme?
- Are they public facing or behind a barrier? (i.e. staff only?)
- Do they get much use?
- Do you use them for university owned/leased vehicles or for private vehicles?
- Any other tidbits of knowledge on them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need to turn this around quickly to meet planning demands.”
EAUC Member Responses
Members can download the responses below.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.