Sound Impact Awards
The EAUC is proud to join the Ecologist magazine, People and Planet student campaign organisation and HEEPI as a partner to the second year of Sound Impact Awards. Managed and run by the National Union of Students trading arm, NUS Services, the awards are "Designed to encourage, reward and celebrate best environmental practice, the Sound* Impact Awards are a unique accreditation scheme bespoke designed for Students' Unions. The scheme will seek to encourage, nurture, reward and celebrate the good ethical and environmental practice carried out by our member Students’ Unions." This year, as well as rewarding the highest scoring Unions for best environmental practice, there will be an award for the best community campaigners, the most innovative Union and the most improved Union.
There are 22 Essential criteria all based around easy-to-implement practical actions that will reduce your union's negative environmental impacts. If a union gets all 22 they will be awarded the Bronze standard. There are over 100 bonus criteria – the more points they get the more likely they are to scoop the Silver standard or a Gold award. Sound Impact is run by the student Ethical & Environmental Committee at NUS Services, the commercial arm of the NUS. In year one 51 unions took part; in year two there were 68. This year the Committee have a target of 80 unions. 43 unions have signed up already - see below for list. The deadline for signing-up is 24 October 2008. The deadline for workbooks back is 19 December 2008. To find out more visit www.soundimpact.org.uk.
EAUC Membership for Student Unions - Special Offer for Sound Impact Award
We are pleased to announce a special offer for those Student Unions that are signed up to the Sound Impact Awards to receive a unique Membership to the EAUC. The EAUC is the sustainability champion within the further and higher education sector. EAUC Membership will provide Student Unions will all the tools, resources and case studies to help them achieve environmental excellence as well as increasing your Sound Impact scores!
EAUC Student Union Annual Membership includes:
- Gain points towards your Sound Impact Award
- Member only access to the EAUC website with tools, resources and case studies
- Member only access to the EAUC Member Discussion Network linking you to over 230 institutions in the UK to help you with all your sustainability questions
- Monthly Enews – an electronic newsletter keeping you in touch with all the latest news for the sector
- Quarterly Earth Newsletter – get your Student Union heard in our quarterly newsletter
- Access to Member Only Guidance tools such as our Biodiversity Guide, Waste Guide and Transport Database
- Member Discounts for our Staff Development Programme and our Annual Conference – THE sustainability event of the year!
All this for just £200 (+VAT)!
To kick start your Student Union into action complete the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and become a Member of the best sustainability network in the sector!
For further information visit: