Terms and Conditions
1. IntroductionThis Agreement is a legal document which sets out your rights and obligations, and those of the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC, "we" or "us"), in relation to this site. Visitors to the SORTED website affirm that they are bound by this Agreement each time they access the SORTED website. You should be aware that this Agreement may change from time to time in accordance with Clause 23 below.
3. EAUC’s RoleYou, as a visitor to the SORTED website, acknowledge that we are not and cannot be responsible for the behaviour of Users - whether on the SORTED website or outside of it. We only provide a venue where the SORTED website may be accessed.
4. Additional servicesEAUC or its affiliates may offer new or additional services through the SORTED website from time to time. Your use of those services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, or rules of use, which you must comply with. Provided that those terms or rules are notified to you on the SORTED website in an appropriate manner (as determined by the EAUC in its reasonable discretion), any failure by you to comply with a material provision of the terms or rules governing those services will amount to a breach of this Agreement.
5. Operation of SORTED websiteThe EAUC reserves the right to withdraw or modify one or more aspects of the SORTED website where we have legal or technical reasons to do so (including technical difficulties experienced by the EAUC or on the Internet). There may also be times when the SORTED website becomes unavailable, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. EAUC does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, and reliability of the materials. This site may contain links to other sites, please be aware that EAUC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and takes no responsibility for their content or availability.
6. Misuse of SORTED websiteWe reserve the right to suspend or terminate any User’s access to the SORTED website, or parts of it. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the SORTED website without our prior consent.
7. RelevanceThe SORTED website is intended to be used for the purposes referred to in Clause 2 above. Accordingly, visitors must not:
- place material on, or otherwise use, the SORTED website for any business or commercial purpose; or
- use your access to the SORTED website, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email (sometimes known as spam).
8. ProhibitionsYou are responsible for ensuring that no material you post, or which is posted through a machine on which you access the SORTED website, nor any activity or communication you make in connection with any SORTED website, will be capable of (a) infringing the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, (b) breaching any applicable law, whether criminal, tortious or otherwise, or (c) appearing to be offensive, threatening, obscene, pornographic, false, unreliable or misleading.
9. Disclaimer and ReleaseThrough this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of EAUC. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Hence, whilst we endeavour to keep all of the information in this website up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of other websites that the work is linked to. The website is also meant to be used as guidance only.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the EAUC takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. The EAUC has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the SORTED website.
You should exercise no lesser degree of caution in appraising what you see on the SORTED website than you do offline.
Your use of the SORTED website is entirely at your own risk.
Accordingly, to the extent that the law permits, you release the EAUC, its Trustees, contractors and employees from all liability for any damages including without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or lose of use of the site, whether in contracts or in negligence, including the material supplied by Users and other third parties.
10. Intellectual PropertyYou acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the SORTED Website are owned by the EAUC. Users who may copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the SORTED website, or any of the material which is found on the SORTED website, must acknowledge the EAUC and obtain any necessary license or permission from third parties, as appropriate, to do so.
By submitting any material to the content of the SORTED website, you:
- are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
- grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence right to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form, anywhere; and
- authorise us to adapt the relevant material in the course of doing so, and so waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the material in question.