A detailed approach to the planning for and management of
sustainable organisational capacity in the Learning and Skills
Sustainable development needs to be embedded into all aspects of organisational practice and operations; taking this opportunity to reduce resource consumption and save money makes good business sense. To enable this to be effective requires a commitment to developing and supporting the workforce to understand and implement sustainable development practice across the work of the organisation and, in addition, to work together to reduce carbon and save the organisation money by the efficient and management of resources.
This will include:
- sustainable approaches to the recruitment and management of the workforce
- embedding sustainable development into job descriptions, staff development programmes and performance management.
- reduction of waste, waste management, energy use, consumption of resources and reduction of transport emissions;
- contributing to the health and quality of life of the local community
- implementing sustainable procurement practices
- reducing the carbon footprint and greenhouse gas emissions of the organisation
Click on the following to Continue the Journey in Organisational Capacity: