Overcoming Barriers to Better Building Performance in Higher Education: Advanced Level Workshop
Location: The School of Eastern European and Slavonic Studies (UCL), 16 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BW (Room (16) 432)
13 April 2016 11:00 - 16:00
“£5 billion spent on new buildings each year, these buildings use 2-3x more energy than designed” - 2014 Green Construction Board Report
Building on feedback from the EAUC, numerous building performance evaluations (BPEs) and interviews with HE Environment and Sustainability Managers, AHR’s R&D Group will host an advanced level workshop to discuss some of the most common issues encountered on higher education projects with regard to building performance.
With many of the results finalised AHR, along with professional bodies and Innovate UK, is looking to establish how solutions that were successfully deployed on selected projects could be applied to higher education portfolios and ascertain what is required to implement these.
- Dr Judit Kimpian, AHR’s Director of Sustainable Architecture and Research
- Gary Overton, AHR’s Higher Education sector head
- Dr Esfand Burman, UCL's Building Performance Research Fellow
- Raise awareness of common barriers to improving building performance
- Share practical solutions that improve operational outcomes
- Understand the role of data and feedback in reducing capital/maintenance costs whilst improving occupant satisfaction
- Identify case studies that illustrate lessons learned and best practice
Expressions of interest were invited for this workshop and the deadline for this has now passed. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for this event, please contact us.
The attendance fee will be £40 for EAUC members and £100 for non-members. This fee includes refreshments and lunch and you will need to notify us at the time of booking if you have any special dietary requirements.
Read more information about the event here.
|Overcoming Barriers to Better Building Performance (107Kb)|
To book a place simply choose the event you wish to book and click 'Book this Package'
- Remember to log in to benefit from Member discount.
- If you are not from a Member organisation you can create a shopper account when you book your place.
- If you are a new Member contact and need a password contact us
If you are from a Member organisation but have forgotten your password, click 'Forgotten password' in the Member Login box - a new password will be sent to your email address immediately.