You must be a member to access this resource.
Lucinda Lay, Carbon Reduction Projects Manager, University of Oxford emailed the Members’ network asking,
“Is anyone doing small roof mounted solar PVs on a campus at all?
With the new rules you cannot claim FITs for extensions to installations.
Unfortunately this mean there is a bit of a grey area where installations on different buildings but on one campus, on one MPAN, are therefore seen as one installation.
So, if like us, you have installed PVs on one roof in the past and then want to install PVs on the other roof spaces, this means you cannot/may not be able to claim FITs.
Has anyone come across this and have you done anything to get around it?
OffGem have told us that the provider responsible for registering the FITs is responsible for interpreting the rules and therefore judging whether we can register the installations as separate installations. So far Good Energy have said no to us. British Gas said yes but when asked to put it in writing then apologised and said no.”
EAUC Member Responses
Members can download the responses below.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.