You must be a member to access this resource.
Welcome to the Self-leadership Community of Practice
Following on from the first EAUC Self-leadership for Sustainability event, the majority of delegates, who responded to the post-event survey, agreed that an EAUC Self-leadership Community of Practice would be a favourable method to network, share thoughts and ideas.
Self-leadership is just one aspect of the overall topic of "leadership". This CoP is designed to help facilitate individuals own paths that have either been set for them, through their institution or are a set of own self-leadership goals that they wish to persue. EAUC aim to support you, as a Member, and your potential as individuals and professionals to contribute actively to the development of a positive future. This network was set up in 2014 to facilitate sharing of questions, thoughts and ideas, experience and best practice, all relating to this.
This network encourages participation from any staff members, students or student union staff members, who have joined their institution's EAUC Membership and are interested in reaching their self-leadership potential. Critical discussion and dissemination of relevant resources via the network is encouraged. While the majority of communication will take place by email list, we hope to organise face to face meetings at conferences where possible.
About Paul Murray, Convenor
Paul is Associate Professor in Sustainability and Sustainable Construction at Plymouth University. After conceiving the UK's first sustainability-themed undergraduate degrees in building, Paul was awarded a National Teaching Fellowship in 2004 by the UK Higher Education Academy. Using this award, Paul developed pioneering values-led techniques for engaging individuals with sustainable development. Paul’s research also embraces self-leadership, a concept that empowers individuals to take control of their thinking and behaviour in order to fulfil their potential to deliver positive change. Paul’s techniques are delivered to individuals through face-to-face training sessions and through his 2011 book, The Sustainable Self (Earthscan, London). Paul publishes widely on sustainability and positive change.
Associate Professor in Sustainability and Sustainable Construction
Not signed up? Join here
How to search for previous discussions
This CoP is open to all EAUC Members and other invited parties to learn and share experiences in the field of self-leadership. It is not a forum for commercial gain.
We know that there are many topics that come up regularly on the discussion networks so here is a quick and easy guide on how to search for previous discussions:
- Go to https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ and click on ‘Subscribers Corner’
- Click on the discussion network you would like to search – ‘EAUC-Self-leadership’ is the list for this Discussion Network
- The three ‘Latest messages’ are shown in a box near the top of the page. Click the message to read the entire post.
- To search the list for a particular topic use the 'Search Archive' box on the right-hand side of the screen. Type the keyword/s you would like to search for and this will bring up a list of all posts containing that word/phrase.
- You can further refine your search by adding parameters.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.