You must be a member to access this resource.
Ed Nelson, Facilities Manager – Transport, University of Surrey emailed the Transport Planning network asking,
“The University of Surrey is currently reviewing its staff benefits package including what travel incentives are available to employees. We will soon be introducing salary sacrifice for parking which I’m sure most of you are aware cannot be offered to train users. This has prompted us to see what else we could do for those that come by this mode of transport.
At Surrey we offer the usual interest free season ticket loan for either 6 months or a year. But that’s all we currently do and I would be very interested to hear (and share!) what others offer for their train users.
Could anyone let me know whether you have successfully introduced any of the following:
• A green travel subsidy or similar scheme for those that travel on public transport
• Discounted train travel negotiated directly with a train operator (either independently or as part of a wider group of businesses in your area)
• Discounted train travel negotiated on your behalf by a benefits company
• Other incentives like free travel from your nearest station to your campus etc
As a rail season ticket holder myself I have a vested interest here so hope you can show that a better deal is possible!
Thank you in advance”
EAUC Member Responses
Members can download the responses below.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.