You must be a member to access this resource.
Sarah Buckland, Environment & Sustainability Manager, University of Central Lancashire emailed the EAUC Educational Members' Network to ask about furtniture reuse:
“We have had a fairly informal furniture swapping service for unwanted and wanted furniture for a number of years however, it is quite time and space intensive for the central staff member managing the process.
Recently Daniel from WARP-it came in to explain how their centralised, online swap system works and I understand from him that a number of you are already using the service.
On the face of it the WARP-it system does seem to have thought of everything, but some of my colleagues are a bit hesitant believing that staff wouldn‟t take the time to upload photos and that there may be some difficulty once 3rd parties from the wider community get involved, with collections needing to be supervised to ensure the right items are removed, in public access buildings.
So I would be interested to know how you are finding WARP-it, has it impacted on cost savings, recycling rates and storage space requirements? Have there been any logistical or management admin issues?”
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.