You must be a member to access this resource.
In June, the Government (Department of Energy and Climate Change, DECC) announced the detail of the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS). It then came into effect on 17 July 2014. ESOS is the UK government's response to the requirements of the EU's Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) which requires that certain measures are implemented by member states.
This has raised many questions for our Members as to whether Universities or Colleges are exempt from the scheme.
The guidance suggests that public bodies are not included within the scope BUT some institutions will be included. Whether or not an institution is included will depend on how it is funded.
A question about this was circulated to the Educational Members' Network and we compiled all of the answers into this handy resource which highlights some of the key ways to determine whether you're exempt. It's not as simple as you may have hoped!
This updated version includes further discussion on the Educational Members' Network and a thread posted to Finance Directors in BUFDG by Iain Patton, EAUC CEO.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.