You must be a member to access this resource.
Welcome to the EAUC Embedding Positive Attitudes and Behaviours Community of Practice
A large part of making educational institutions more sustainable is to change the relevant behaviours of our staff and students. However, whilst the staff involved in delivering these objectives are highly skilled at providing a physical infrastructure in their specific areas (e.g. energy, waste, travel), most teams do not have a specialism in affecting the behaviours associated with using the infrastructure provided.
Many organisations run campaigns targeting one or more behaviours but campaigns are just one small part of the behaviour change jigsaw that should also involve extensive market research, competition analysis and customer orientation to name a few.
In an ideal world all institutions would have a behaviour change strategy to run alongside their carbon management plan, travel plan, sustainable food policy etc. However, most do not have the resources required to implement such an extensive programme.
Not signed up? Join here
How to search for previous discussions
This CoP is open to all EAUC Members and other invited parties to learn and share experiences in the field of behaviour change. It is not a forum for commercial gain.
We know that there are many topics that come up regularly on the discussion networks so here is a quick and easy guide on how to search for previous discussions:
Go to https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ and click on ‘Subscribers Corner’
Click on the discussion network you would like to search – ‘EAUC-Positive-Behaviours’ is the list for this Discussion Network
The three ‘Latest messages’ are shown in a box near the top of the page. Click the message to read the entire post.
To search the list for a particular topic use the 'Search Archive' box on the right-hand side of the screen. Type the keyword/s you would like to search for and this will bring up a list of all posts containing that word/phrase.
You can further refine your search by adding parameters.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.