You must be a member to access this resource.
In a new partnership with the EAUC, Better World Books offers EAUC members a completely free program for libraries and academic institutions to dispose of unwanted books, while generating some funding for themselves and a literacy charity.
Better World Books offers a completely free program for organisations to dispose of unwanted books, while generating some funding for themselves and a literacy charity. We’ve been in the UK since 2008 and since then we have managed to raise over £100,000 for our library and literacy partners and divert over 1 million books from landfill!
Organisations work with us in several different ways. We could work with your library, your sustainability department, academic departments or student halls. We provide all the materials and will help you decide the best way to use us.
HOW IT WORKS
1) You collect the books in whatever means works for you, either through academic departments, libraries or through your sustainability department. We can provide you with cardboard collection bins or metal bins.
2) You seal books with an ISBN that are in acceptable condition or better in boxes. We can provide boxes if necessary or you can reuse boxes that are approximately 45x29x27 cm.
3) We collect them for free at a time convenient to you. We can collect any amount but if possible, we ask that you build up 6 boxes before collection.
4) We transport the books to our warehouse, scan them into our database and sell them across multiple online marketplaces. Anything we can't sell is donated to literacy initiatives, or recycled. Nothing goes to landfill.
5) For each book we sell, your institution receives 15% of the net sale, 5% goes to the EAUC, and 5% goes to one of our literacy charities, READ International or the National Literacy Trust.
You receive your commission in quarterly cheques once £25 in commission is accrued
To receive more information regarding this scheme please email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1383 841 437, and mention you heard about us through the EAUC.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.