You must be a member to access this resource.It has been widely acknowledged that the way we manufacture and consume goods through the traditional industrial economy puts significant pressure on the earth’s resources.
The linear model of manufacture, use and dispose is out-dated as businesses see the environmental and economic benefits of adopting a circular economy. This means using waste as a future raw material, minimising environmental impact and ensuring we take the maximum value from all resources we use. In doing so, we can take a sustainable and restorative approach by recovering and regenerating products at the end of each lifecycle.
Taking this restorative, circular approach means we can have a positive impact environmentally, socially and economically alike.
All sectors, including education, are becoming acutely aware of the importance of shifting to a restorative framework like this. For universities, this means taking a more considered approach to sustainability, and understanding how they can have a positive impact on our planet’s resources.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.