You must be a member to access this resource.
Welcome to the EAUC 'Carbon Intensive Research Universities and Colleges' Community of Practice
A number of EAUC Members face unique challenges arising from the complex research that is carried out in their institution. Often high levels of energy is required, the work is based in older/historic buildings and a research-led culture adds further sustainability complications.
To help address these challenges, the EAUC has established a Community of Practice to support these members.
The aims of group include:
• Identify common challenges
• Develop initiatives to address these challenges
• Prepare for CIF2
• Share best practice
• Look for ways of collaborative working
• Feed into EAUC understanding and planning (training, conference workshops, case studies etc).
The group exists primarily virtually as a Jiscmail discussion network with supporting web repository.
Not signed up? Join here
How to search for previous discussions
This CoP is open to all EAUC Members and other invited parties which identify with the challenges of working in a carbon intensive research-led institution. It is not a forum for commercial gain.
We know that there are many topics that come up regularly on the discussion networks so here is a quick and easy guide on how to search for previous discussions:
- Go to https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ and click on ‘Subscribers Corner’
- Click on the discussion network you would like to search – ‘EAUC-CIRUC’ is the list for this Discussion Network
- The three ‘Latest messages’ are shown in a box near the top of the page. Click the message to read the entire post.
- To search the list for a particular topic use the 'Search Archive' box on the right-hand side of the screen. Type the keyword/s you would like to search for and this will bring up a list of all posts containing that word/phrase.
- You can further refine your search by adding parameters.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.