You must be a member to access this resource.
A question from Leona Blaney, Travel Plan Co-ordinator at Tremough Campus Services (the combined campus of University College Falmouth and the University of Exeter) on the EAUC Educational Members' Network about the management of paid car parks at institutions:
We are currently reviewing our car parking management arrangements at Tremough Campus in Cornwall (the combined campus of University College Falmouth & The University of Exeter). I’m really interested in hearing how other Universities manage their paid car parks:
What is your paid car parking arrangements? (pay and display / permits / barriers with
pay stations etc)
How is the car parking managed? In-house or external parking company?
Are there problems with the way you manage the parking?
Do you issue fines? Is this done in-house or by an external company?
If you do issue fines, how do you chase the debts? (in house / debt collection etc)
Do you have an appeals mechanism?
This generated responses from four EAUC Members.
They shared their experience, providing useful information such as types of arrangement (e.g. permits, pay-and-display, etc), management (internal or external), issuing fines and collecting debts, and appeals mechanisms.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.