You must be a member to access this resource.
Welcome to the Biodiversity Community of Practice
Biodiversity Community of Practice (CoP) Terms of Reference:
• Staff of member organisations and relevant interested parties including strategic partners may engage with the Biodiversity CoP
• Members will use the CoP as a platform to identify and discuss biodiversity challenges and successes to share all best practice and current thinking around biodiversity management
• The operational group will also seek to include opportunities to develop biodiversity related Living Laboratory opportunities to explore, analyse and evaluate innovations and technologies in real life case studies, and thereby gain mutual benefits including opportunities for new research, teaching and learning and public engagement with research
• The group will meet virtually and the agenda will cover relevant topics.
• The group will also seek to identify opportunities for face to face discussion through site visits and at conference events
• The group will discuss and look to respond to new initiatives or changes to current initiatives
• The group will feed into EAUC understanding and planning (training, webinars, conference workshops, case studies and consultations etc).
View our Biodiversity on Campus Practical Guide.
Sustainability Projects Co-ordinator
The University of Leeds
Mike Howroyd is the Sustainability Projects Co-ordinator within the Sustainability Service at the University of Leeds. The University of Leeds sustainability strategy seeks to make Leeds ‘an exemplar of urban biodiversity’. Mike, working alongside an academic lead, Dr Claire Quinn, is responsible for delivering this strategic commitment by ensuring the successful implementation of the University’s Biodiversity Action Plan. Mike also chairs the University’s biodiversity group which is comprised of representatives from across the campus including Estates, Residential Services, Leeds University Student Union and the grounds team.
Prior to working at the University, Mike worked in a variety of related disciplines including farming, landscape gardening, conservation management and academic research at The University of Nottingham. Mike has also worked within the scope of a number of other biodiversity action plans and has managed groups of volunteers including vulnerable adults and children.
23 March 2016
University of Worcester
“Delivering Biodiversity at Universities and Colleges”
Not signed up? Join here
How to search for previous discussions
This CoP is open to all EAUC Members and other invited parties to learn and share experiences in the field of biodiversity. It is not a forum for commercial gain.
We know that there are many topics that come up regularly on the discussion networks so here is a quick and easy guide on how to search for previous discussions:
- Go to https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ and click on ‘Subscribers Corner’
- Click on the discussion network you would like to search – ‘EAUC-Biodiversity’ is the list for this Discussion Network
- The three ‘Latest messages’ are shown in a box near the top of the page. Click the message to read the entire post.
- To search the list for a particular topic use the 'Search Archive' box on the right-hand side of the screen. Type the keyword/s you would like to search for and this will bring up a list of all posts containing that word/phrase.
- You can further refine your search by adding parameters.
Become a member
If you join the EAUC you will have full access to member only resources. Follow this link to join the EAUC.
Top Reasons to Join
- Join one of our Communities of Practice - Join a community and get involved. You can meet other like-minded professionals and help promote best practice in your specialist area.
- Receive Sustainability Updates - stay informed and get involved in issues concerning you from our newsletters helping you keep up to date on the latest news from the education and sustainability sectors
- Update Your Skills - get the training you require which is specifically for you and the sector
- Get Connected - Join the Member Network - receive advice and support from your peers across the UK
- Get the Resources You Need - Access tools and resources to help you in your job
- Have Your Voice Heard - stay informed and get involved in influencing the sector to improve performance
- Discounts - save money with member discounts and offers
- Legacy - Make a difference in the professional growth of sustainability and our institutions
- Recognition - Be part of building an example to the world
- Get Linked Up - build national and international partners
If you don't have a paid membership why not join the EAUC.
To view the content of this page current members must login using their membership details.