Entries for Stage 2
This is your chance to shine
Stage 2 applications are now closed open.
The EAUC is delighted to announce the 69 shortlisted Stage 2 candidates for the Green Gown Awards 2012.
View the 2012 Green Gown Awards shortlist
The Green Gown Awards is a two stage application process. The benefits of a two stage process are to make it easier for applicants; to enable a feedback process to achieve a more uniform quality in the applications seen by the full judging panel; and to allow recognition of a greater number of initiatives (through publication of a considerable number of short listed entries).
Stage 1 involved a short application form. A small panel of sector experts assessed these to produce a short list for each category. Stage 1 applications closed on 13 July 2012. Shortlisted entries are now invited to submit a fuller application for Stage 2 and the deadline for submission is Friday 14 September 2012. These will then be assessed by a larger judging panel with experts from both inside and outside further and higher education at a special ‘judgement day’ in October 2012. This panel will select winning, and where appropriate highly commended, entries for each category from the shortlist. The Awards will be announced and presented at the Green Gown Awards Ceremony to be held in November 2012, venue/date to be confirmed shortly.
Information for Stage 2 shortlisted candidates only
Congratulations on being shortlisted for the Green Gown Awards 2012. Below follows information on what you need to do next to submit your stage 2 applications.
Who can enter Stage 2?
Only those candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 may enter Stage 2.
How to enter
► Please be sure to complete the pre-application checklist before submitting your application
► Simply download the 2012 Stage 2 application form, the marketing information form and the Stage 2 Guidance Notes for Participants
► Please complete the application and marketing information forms in full, save them and then email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (in word format only) together with the accompanying logos/photographs.
Please read the guidance notes thoroughly as it contains all the necessary information you need to submit Stage 2 applications. All Stage 2 applications must be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 14 September 2012.
• Stage 2 application form
• Marketing information form
• Stage 2 Guidance notes for applicants
• View deadlines
Need inspiration? Visit our GGA resource bank where you'll find a range of inspirational materials to help you pick up some hints and tips for your application, gain motivation from case studies from previous winners and encourage you to submit a winning application.
Before you submit your application, please ensure you have read the checklist:
1. I have read and understand the Stage 2 Guidance Notes for Participants and understand that submitting this application indicates that I accept the rules of the awards and the Stage 2 Conditions of Entry.
2. I am familiar with the category criteria.
3. I have fully completed the Stage 2 application form and it is no longer than 6 A4 sides long (excluding cover page). It is saved in word format ready to email. (Any applications over 6 A4 sides long (excluding cover page) or received in PDF format will not be accepted.) Please note that judges will not be looking at your stage 1 application on judging day- only your new stage 2 application.
4. I have fully completed the marketing information form and in addition to the form, I will attach my institution’s logo and project logo (if the project has one) as well as three promotional photographs (duly labelled). It is saved in word format ready to email (PDF format will not be accepted) and I note the format required for the logos/photographs.
5. I acknowledge that no supporting material is required with my Stage 2 application.
6. All entries for the Green Gown Awards Stage 2 applications are to be sent via email in the word templates provided and logos/photographs attached in the correct format to email@example.com before 12 noon on Friday 14 September 2012.
7. I acknowledge that the marketing information form contains some promotional material on the Green Gown Awards 2012 which I am able to use for my own marketing and promotional purposes. I will send a copy of any such materials generated to the Green Gown Awards Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Gown International Awards
The Green Gown Awards are run in the UK and in Australasia and this year we will be bringing them together with the winners from the UK and Australasia going head to head for a coveted International Award. Visit here to see which categories will be included in the international awards.
If you have any questions about the 2012 Green Gown Awards submission process please view our comprehensive list of Stage 2 frequently asked questions or contact the Green Gown Awards team at email@example.com.
To see all the 2012 Award Categories and the full criteria click here