Annual Conference 2013
THE sustainability event of the year for the UK tertiary education sector. 17th EAUC Annual Conference 17 – 19 April 2013, University of Nottingham
Thank you to all who attended the Conference! View our photos and search 'Annual Conference 2013' in the Sustainability Exchange for the presentations given by our Conference speakers.
Thank you to all our delegates, speakers and exhibitors for making the 2013 Conference one to remember!
Over the three Conference days, we heard from three notable keynote speakers; Dr Joan Walley, MP for Stoke-on-Trent North and Chair of the Environmental Audit Select Committee of the House of Commons, Wyn Morgan, Director of Teaching and Learning at the University of Nottingham and Danny Chivers, Carbon footprint analyst, writer, and performance poet.
Our final Conference programme
• Final EAUC Annual Conference programme (agenda, sessions and more!)
• Final main Conference agenda
• Final Conference sessions programme
• exchange sessions (30 minute sessions in the exhibition centre)
What was “new” for 2013?
• Carbon footprint reporting - Greenstone Carbon Management are measuring and reporting on the carbon footprint. All delegates and exhibitors have been asked to fill out the electronic survey
• “Aha”moments - It could be an idea, a suggestion, planting a seed, the start of a discussion - anything that triggers a thought process of something you can do back in your own institution. We're asking delegates to record these action lists to motivate them upon return to their institutions
• GOLD Food for Life Accreditation on all Conference menus
• Create your own mini solar panel - see Lewisham College listing, page 23 of the Final programme (see above)
• Exchanges - these are short, 30 minute mini sessions taking place inside the exhibition centre
Make your own slideshow with music at Animoto.
• 3 keynote speakers
• 20 Conference sessions selected by our Conference Steering Group covering a wealth of sustainability topics to motivate us and inspire us in our everyday activities
• New for 2013 - “exchanges” offering short, bite-sized 30 minute sessions taking place inside the exhibition hall
• Networking events: personal development session, “meet the exhibitors”, eco-slam poetry (Wednesday 17 April) and Conference Gala Dinner (Thursday 18 April)
• Exhibition of 45+ sustainable companies showcasing their products and services supporting the tertiary education sector
About our 2013 Annual Conference
Our 2013 Conference will be hosted at the East Midlands Conference Centre (EMCC) at The University of Nottingham. The University of Nottingham is committed to developing a sector-leading approach to sustainability. They have recently won the award for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Sustainable Development’ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2012. We look forward to working with Nottingham on the Conference and to showcasing some of its exemplary examples of best practice. Find out more about our Conference venue.
With great Conference sessions, keynote speakers, networking events, an exhibition of like-minded companies offering products and services to support the sector and a student day, this unique event remains to be THE environmental and sustainability annual event for the tertiary education sector and is key in highlighting the sector’s successes on sustainability issues. Built by you, for you, please do join us!
2013 Conference at a glance
We are committed to minimising our impact on the environment. By downloading our brochure in PDF format, not only do you receive our brochure instantly but you are also doing your part in reducing your carbon footprint. We encourage you to email it to interested colleagues.